Thursday, February 16, 2012

Homestretch

Technically I have 11 weeks left, but my last appointment (Feb 3) was the last of my monthly visits.  I am now seeing the doctor (actually midwife) every 2 weeks.  This makes me feel like I am starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel!

I am getting so excited to meet this little girl.  I can't even imagine what she is going to look like... my babies are typically pretty bald, very little hair, so I can imagine that much.  I kind of see her with darker hair like Porter's, but we'll see!  

I'm oddly excited about delivery.  I know... SOO strange.  I really am!  When I had Hudson I remember feeling sad leaving the hospital, that that "exciting event" was over and we were heading home to normalcy (okay... any events after Hudson's birth were NOT of the normal type, but you know what I mean... our time was up at the hospital to be in awe of the amazing event that just happened).  Hudson's birth was also so great to me that I am praying that this delivery is as "enjoyable".  HAHA... enjoyable?  I guess that's not the word, but I don't know... I' just really looking forward to it!  (ask me when I'm in the hospital having contractions pre-epidural how much I'm enjoying it then)

I'm also really looking forward to becoming a family of 5 and getting back home with baby sis and actually enjoying a newborn in our own home with life running as normal.  I feel like the boys' births had such drama after coming home that I didn't really enjoy the first few weeks (months, really, after Hudson came home).  

When I came home after having Porter I was bedridden with a terrible migraine that accelerated everytime I pumped- every 2 hours or so.  And I was re-hospitalized 2 days after coming home for observation.  His first week was insane and I really feel like I had little to do with him since I was barely able to lift my head off the bed.  

After having Hudson, we closed on the sale of our house when he was 11 days old and then moved in with my mom.  Ry and I were literally negotiating on the purchase price of our current home while I was in labor at the hospital.  We arrived home with our 2nd baby and spent every waking moment packing and putting most of our belongings in storage and deciding what small percentage of things we could live with for the next couple months.  And then we moved into my mom's house and were all sharing one bedroom... and we lived this way for 2 months on the barest necessities of our belongings.  So, Hudson's homecoming was ridiculously abnormal. 

Baby sis? Well I'm SO looking forward to bringing her home and getting back into our typical routine and not moving or God-willing dealing with migraines.  I am crossing my fingers that it will be enjoyable and I'll be able to focus on having a new baby not being rehospitalized or moving.  

And the countdown is on!!

2 comments:

  1. i know just how you feel! i was SO excited about delivery for both of my kids and thought the whole process was well, kind of fun... it sounds weird, but i also feel that my labor with max was 'enjoyable'. :) and i LOVED being in the hospital, having nothing to do but just snuggle and get to know the new baby is the best. i was actually glad i had c-sections so i didn't have to go home so soon, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had some crazy deliveries for both of my boys. i sure know how to get people moving when i show up to have a baby! :) i agree, the time in the hospital is a little like a honeymoon period before 'real life' hits. either way, i'm SO excited for you to welcome this little girl into your family. i've been reading your blog since when you were pregnant with porter - six years! so glad you're on the home stretch! :)

    ReplyDelete