Saturday, October 22, 2011

12 Weeks

On Monday night I fell down the stairs.  We have hardwood stairs that are uncarpeted and I woke up at 2am to let the puppy out.  Somehow I completely missed the stairs and slid/bounced at least 3/4 of the way down.  Other than my ass hurting and my elbows being scraped, I felt fine.  (a little stunned though!).  I went to work Tuesday and felt fine, but after work I decided to call my OB just to let them know what happened... completely expecting it not to be that big of a deal.  They told me I needed to go to the ER to be checked out.  Talk about freak me out!

Well, 4 hours of waiting in the ER got us back to a room... where the male nurse asked me to bend my elbows and said "everything seems fine..."  He said he'd try to find the heartbeat with the doppler.  He had no idea what he was doing, obviously, as he barely touched the wand to my skin.... by my belly button.   Of course he couldn't find the heartbeat, but I didn't say anything (just bit my lip.  hard. because it was hilarious!) because I figured if he can't find the heartbeat he'd get an u/s. 

The doctor (male) came in and same thing.... bend your elbows... can you straighten your arms... let me get a look at your hip (my hip was hurting but uhm, I was fine!).  He said it didn't seem like I had any fractures or breaks (no shit!) and I told him.... I know I'm fine... the only reason we waited 4 hours was to have the BABY checked on... I'm not worried about me.  He did finally bring in a bedside ultrasound machine and we saw the baby moving.  When he said "Uhm, if I had to guess I'd say those are the arms..."  I knew this doc had no idea wtf he was doing.  At least we were able to see the baby moving and have peace of mind that everything was okay.  

Symptoms/Feelings:  Near-daily puking (mostly in the morning if I don't eat right away... though sometimes its brought on by coughing... which is still lingering around!).  Sometimes I feel like my mouth is producing TONS of saliva.  Gross.  Still have acne bad.  Way worse than with the boys.  

Changes:  Bought a 36E bra last week.  Its already feeling a little small.  GRR.  This is probably my most hated part of pregnancy... the boobs!!

Cravings:  Sour Patch Kids.  SOOO yummy.  I've also been eating the heck out of Jell-O Chocolate pudding with Cool-Whip.  This tends to be a pregnancy "comfort" food for me... I've loved this throughout all of my pregnancies.  

Baby is the size of a lime (or plum).  

2 comments:

  1. haha, sour patch kids! I craved those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scary! i would have been totally freaked out too.

    are you finding out the gender this time? does it say on here somewhere? i should probably keep reading back. :)

    ReplyDelete